Thursday, November 21, 2013

Just Can't Put My Finger on It...

I love sitting in my comfy love seat, wrapped in a blanket and a book, staring out my back window at the kids playing in the park. I love hearing their laughs as Emma sleeps quietly upstairs. I love the rays of sunshine that sometimes creep through the glass. I love watching students, parents, the elderly woman from the retirement center down the street, and all sorts of people walk past on the trail by my apartment. I love being a part of all the life swarming around me even as I'm nestled in my warm, safe apartment.


I love when Emma practically begs me to tickle her, and I love her surprised laugh when I do. I love watching her first pile a stack of books on my lap, and then climb up and urge me to read them to her. She quickly bores of one and is on to the next, searching for puppies and babies and horses, her favorites. I love the adorable sounds of "ruff ruff" and "puppy" and "baby" that escape her lips. I giggle when I know it's nap time because Emma points to the crib and asks for her binky and her baby doll. My heart melts when after rocking, singing, or cuddling, she finally falls asleep in my arms. These moments are the moments I think I may have died and gone to heaven.


Emma reading in her favorite chair :)

She only looks like me when she's sulking haha :)
I love that there is always someone new, fun, and interesting to talk to in my ward. There are so many young couples, in fact, that I think it may take a year to have them all over if Nate and I keep our goal to have people over once a week. I love that they're all different and that I can learn a lot from them. I love game nights and playgroup and zumba. I love that I have neighbors that I not only know and like, but that I can count on when I'm in a bind. I love that Emma's new pal, Tessa, lives next door. 



She's already best buds with the Bishop :)
I love that having a super busy husband in dental school, a circumstance which some may pity, has led me to become a new, more independent person. I love that I can carry out the trash myself, open the lid to the sugar bucket myself, make and clean up dinner by myself, wash and fold the laundry myself, and take care of Emma's needs during the day, while still having time for exercise, scripture study, reading, and teaching myself piano. I love that I can usually do all this without resentment. I love that I am still growing and improving everyday even with my extremely busy schedule.


I love that the institution of marriage and family still works despite challenges, and in fact holds society together. I love that Nate makes time to watch Emma twice a week while I go to zumba. I love that we watch "Once upon a time" and eat ice cream on Monday nights. I love that we squeeze a date in on weekends between his studying and working in the lab. I love that he never complains about how hard he has it, even if I break down and complain to him. I love when he plays with Emma and they both laugh and laugh. I love having a family.




I love having my Grandpa and my uncle Joey close by for the first time in my life. I love driving on the highway at night and passing the glowing, sleepless city. It takes my breath away every time. I love all the fun activities there are to do here. I love that my beets and chard are actually growing here in the winter. I love that I went outside today without a jacket in November.


Emma and Claire, Joey's daughter :)
Hiking Camano Island, Nate showing Emma a jellyfish.

The zoo is just around the corner! Emma loves animals!
Basically, there are so many things that I love here in Seattle, that I just can't explain why I wake up each morning feeling like there's just a little something missing. I just can't put my finger on it. I've had this problem my whole life. It's like birthdays. They never actually end up being very fun because you spend so much time anticipating it and getting your hopes up. Well, maybe I had unrealistic expectations, I don't know. I do know that besides the traffic, I really have no major complaints about Seattle. I'm doing just fine. If I could change anything I would move my family and best friends a little closer, but who wouldn't?

Emma doing yoga in church :)
Love,
Kamie

No comments:

Post a Comment