Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Quiet Book

I did it!!!!! I finally finished Emma's quiet book! It's definitely not perfect, but I have to say I am pretty proud of it. It's my first sewing project since I learned how to sew in high school, which seems like forever ago. I didn't have a sewing machine, so everything is hand sewn except the seems of the pages. If you're wondering where I got the pattern...there isn't one. It's all hand drawn and cut out by me. I got some of the ideas from other blogs, websites, and people, so I can't take 100% of the credit. It took FOREVER, but it was so fun! Honestly, I am so proud of it, that I'm not quite ready to give it to her to destroy...Maybe when she's a few months older and a little less destructive haha :) The whole point of making it was to keep her from being an absolute terror in church...I guess I'll have to find another solution for the short term haha :)

Here is the finished product:

I was going for gender neutral so all of my kids can use it :)




















                                                           The animals are finger puppets












Ta da! The end! :)

-Kamie

No comments:

Post a Comment